Choosing the right installer is important
One of the most important choices you will make as you complete your project journey will be in the area if installation. While some are comfortable with tacking some or all of the job themselves, others seek out the convenience, peace of mind and dependable outcome that are benefits of a professional install. If you fall into this category please consider your options.
With The Home Depot, you'll enjoy all these advantages:
- Accurate in-home measurement to make sure your new cabinets and drawers fit properly
- Helpful advice on cabinet styles and materials, plus a computer-generated design of your new kitchen cabinets for you to review before installation
- Start-to-finish project management
- Expert installation by licensed (where applicable) and insured professionals
- Superior warranties on labor and materials
- One competitive price that covers everything, from measurement to installation to cleanup
- Service that's backed by The Home Depot
- Learn more at Why The Home Depot
With a 3rd Party Professional Installation, you should consider:
- How long has the installer been in business? Do they have a permanent mailing address and ways to get in touch with them (email, texting, voice mail)?
- Do they have relationships with other trade contractors (plumbers, electricians, etc.) you may need on your project?
- Do they carry insurance to protect you from property damage or injury claims?
- Do they have a successful track record of projects similar to yours?
- Do they have a working knowledge of the homes in your area?
- Will they arrange for all necessary permits?
- Do they offer a warranty for their work—and for how long?
Ask to see jobs they've completed. Call their references and ask:
Would you hire this installer again?
Were they easy to work with? Could you easily get in touch with them?
Did they keep your jobsite clean and take away debris promptly?
Was your job completed on time and within your budget?